Postdoctoral positions in ecology and evolutionary biology in fish are available in FEGG at IOZ, CAS. The positions require motivated individuals with an interest in ecology and evolutionary biology in fish and experience in genomics, genetics, ecology, or ichthyology. Applicants should email a short statement of research interests, CV, and contact information of three references to guobaocheng(at)ioz.ac.cn. [link]
59. 23.09.2021 Two new stickleback species are added to national fauna in China, along with Yingnan’s paper on the phylogenomics of Northeast Asian Pungitius sticklebacks was officially accepted to be published in Diversity and Distributions.
58. 30.08.2021 Xiaotong Guan from Fisheries College, Ocean University of China, and Yufan Wang from School of Ecology and Environment, Anhui Normal University, joined FEGG as master students in fall 2021. Welcome Xiaotong and Yufan! [link]
57. 25.08.2021 Baocheng was appointed to editorial board of Chinese Journal of Zoology as associate editor.
56. 01.08.2021 Baocheng was appointed to editorial board of Water Biology and Security, an open access journal publishing original, high-quality research on all aspects of water biology relating to aquatic organisms and water security. [link]
55. 21.07.2021 Yingnan was awarded the 2021 DiAo Scholarship of University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Congratulations!
54. 01.07.2021 Yingnan was graduated with honor for his PhD study in Beijing. Congratulations!
53. 20.05.2020 Yuwei’s paper on the divergence of alternative splicing between ohnologs in teleost fishes was officially accepted to be published in BMC Ecology and Evolution.
52. 20.05.2020 Yingnan finished his four years PhD study and became the very first PhD in FEGG . Congratulations!
51. 10.05.2021 Ling and Yongli were awarded the 2020-2021 Merit Student of University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Yingnan was graduated with honor for his PhD study at University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Congratulations!
50. 10.04.2021 Fish evolution and genomics group participated the 2021 Chinese sturgeon release leading by MARA, CTG and local government in Yichang, in central China’s Hubei Province.
49. 14.12.2020 Yingnan was awarded the best talk of the 10th IOZ Academic Forum for Graduates. Congratulations! [link]
48. 11.12.2020 Baocheng was selected as board member of the Endangered Species Scientific Commission of China – the scientific authority of CITES in China.[link]
47. 23.10.2020 Yingnan was awarded the 2020 National scholarship for PhD student. Congratulations!
46. 28.09.2020 Baocheng was selected as board member of the China Biogeographical Society. [link]
45. 18.09.2020 Baocheng received the NSFC excellent young scholar program grant (2021-2023). [link]
44. 01.09.2020 Dr. Ming Zou joined FEGG as a bioinformatician. Welcome Dr. Zou!
43. 04.08.2020 Dr. Santiago Montero-Mendieta will join FEGG as a postdoc in the following two years. Welcome Santiago!
42. 31.07.2020 Dr. Xinxin Li finished his three-year postdoctoral training in FEGG. Congratulations!
41. 15.07.2020 Yingnan and Yuwei were awarded the 2019-2020 Merit Student of University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Congratulations!
40. 16.06.2020 Dr. Xinxin Li joined FEGG as assistant professor after his postdoctoral training in FEGG, and Chongnv Wang joined FEGG as lab manager after her master study in Harbin Normal University. Welcome Xinxin and Chongnv!
39. 11.05.2020 Weishan Tu from Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University joined FEGG as joint master student in fall 2020. Welcome Weishan!
38. 30.04.2020 AP and RA positions are available in FEGG, and required criteria could be found here.
37. 30.03.2020 Yingnan’s paper on marine-freshwater divergence in nine-spined sticklebacks was accepted to be published in Molecular Ecology.
36. 07.11.2019 Ling Jin from School of Life Sciences, Peking University, joined FEGG as master student. Welcome Ling!
35. 26.09.2019 Xiaoqi Cheng from Fisheries College, Ocean University of China, joined FEGG as master student in fall 2020. Welcome Xiaoqi! [link]
34. 25.08.2019 Baocheng was selected as board member of the China Zoological Society. [link]
33. 21.08.2019 The long-read based nine-spined stickleback genome was out. [link]
32. 15.01.2020 Xinxin’s paper on adaption potential in polyploid cyprinids was officially accepted to be published in Proceedings B.
31. 16.08.2019 Baocheng received the NSFC general program grant (2020-2023).
30. 01.08.2019 Baocheng’s paper on Pungitius phylogenomics, a collaboration work with Prof. Juha Merilä from University of Helsinki was accepted to be published in Molecular Ecology.
29. 18.07.2019 Yingnan’s review paper on adaption to extreme environments in fish was accepted to be published in Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries.
28. 22.06.2019 Baocheng was appointed to editorial board for the ‘Ecology and Evolutionary Biology’ section of Scientific Reports. [link]
27. 28.12.2018 Baocheng received the preferential support from the CAS Pioneer Initiative Action Program.
26. 30.11-02.12.2018 Baocheng attended the Annual Conference of Asian Society OF Ichthyologists 2018, Nanning, China. [link]
25. 21-24.11.2018 Baocheng attended the 14th National Wildlife and Conservation Conference, Kunming, China. [link]
24. 25.09.2018 Min Wang from College of Life Sciences, Shaanxi Normal University, and Shaohua Xu from College of Life Science and Technology, Inner Mongolia Normal University joined FEGG as master and PhD candidate in fall 2019, respectively. Welcome Ming and Shaohua! [link]
23. 19-22.08.2018 Baocheng attended II Joint Congress on Evolutionary Biology – Montpellier 2018, Montpellier, France. [link]
21. 15.11.2017 Baocheng was appointed to editorial board for the ‘Speciation and Evolutionary Genetics’ section of BMC Evolutionary Biology. [link]
20. 28.10.2017 Baocheng attended the 13th National Wildlife and Conservation Conference – the Sixth West China Zoology Symposium, Chengdu, China. [link]
19. 12.10.2017 Baocheng was rewarded with the National Excellent Young Animal Ecology Investigator 2017. [link]
18. 06.09.2017 Baocheng was appointed to the Review Editor board of the Marine Evolutionary Biology, Biogeography and Species Diversity section of Frontiers in Marine Science.
17. 04.09.2017 Dr. Yongxin Zhao from Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, joined FEGG as research assistant. Welcome Yongxin!
16. 28.08.2017 Yongli Ding from College of Animal Science, Guizhou University, joined FEGG as PhD candidate in fall 2018. Welcome Yongli! [link]
15. 23.08.2017 Dr. Xinxin Li from Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, joined FEGG as a postdoc. Welcome Xinxin!
14. 03.05.2017 The work of duplicate gene evolution in teleost fish was published in the Journal of Molecular Evolution. [link]
13. 28.04.2017 Yingnan Wang from Jilin University joined FEGG as PhD candidate in fall 2017. Welcome Yingnan! [link]
11. 31.03.2017 Yu Wang from Jilin University joined FEGG as a master candidate in fall 2017. Welcome Yu! [link]
10. 24.03.2017 Baocheng is covered in the journal, Scientific Chinese. [link]
9. 16.03.2017 Baocheng’s co-author paper about genotype-phenotype mapping study was highlighted by the journal – Molecular Ecology in a commentary article. [link]
8. 20.02.2017 Yannan Chen from Hebei University joined FEGG for rotation. Welcome Yannan!
7. 10-11.12.2016 Baocheng co-organized the first national systematic biology forum, Beijing, China. [link]
6. 11.11.2016 Dr. Niuniu Wang from Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, joined FEGG as a postdoc. Welcome Niuniu!
5. 04.11.2016 Dr. Li Zhang joined FEGG as a lab manager. Welcome Li!
3. 09.30.2016 Yuwei Wang from Northeast Forestry University joined FEGG as a master student in fall 2017. Welcome Yuwei! [link]
2. 18.08.2016 Baocheng received the NSFC general program grant (2017-2020).
1. 01.06.2016 Baocheng Guo officially joined IOZ, CAS, leading the Fish Evolution and Genomics Group (FEGG). [link]
Happy Teachers’ Day
The very first PhD in FEGG
The 2021 Chinese sturgeon release
Xinxin finished his three-year postdoc training with a big smile.
SAMPLING in 2020 summer
The celebration of the end of 2019
2019 Field work
2019 Autumn tour
The 18th national congress of the Chinese zoological society
The group retreat for the lunar year – skiing 15.01.2019
the 1st AsiaEvo Conference
The group retreat for the lunar year 31.01.2018
The very first group retreat – bowling time 25.11.2017
SAMPLING is Teamwork! 04.07.2017